Ronald Mlalazi, Managing Director, Commerce Edge, South Africa
Ronald is an accomplished procurement professional who has also achieved the coveted Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply – UK Fellowship status (2012), as a result of his outstanding contributions over the years in Procurement and Supply Chain. He also holds a master’s degree in procurement and supply chain from South Wales University. Recently elected as CIPS Congress representative for Africa (2016-2019), he currently works for Commerce Edge as the Head of the Commerce Edge Academy.
- Researched and developed Public Administration Leadership and Management Academy (PALAMA) South Africa Training Programme Development on Public Sector Strategic Sourcing.
- He has written several articles on Procurement and Supply Chain published through Smart Procurement.
- Presented and assessed Strategic Sourcing courses with the National Treasury.
- Has served on the Smart Procurement World Conference Advisory Board since 2012 to date.
- Recently chaired the SmartProcurement World Conference in Durban, 5-6 June 2017.
- He has presented in many CPO roundtable panel discussions on supply chain matters, KPMG, Deloitte and Touché and SmartProcurementWorld.
- Facilitated on the importance of Procurement in an organisation for Total SA Procurement Strategic Planning Session (2013).
- Served as a member of the Advisory Board of Tshwane University of technology, Department of Marketing, Supply Chain and Sport Management (2012-2013).
- Adjudicator on the Da Vinci Institute Technology Top 100 (TT100) Adjudication Panel for 2015.
- Successfully delivered as the project director; research, design and development of a public sector supply chain management needs analysis toolkit and methodology (2014).
- Successfully delivered as the project director and subject matter expert the revision of the public sector SCM competency framework (2015)